[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Sep 12 02:08:43 UTC 2007

I'm not sure what Earl's plans are, but I can see a rather small contrib that
does the following:

- Provides a directory within it called "plugins", into which you place
whatever jquery plugins you want.

- Provides a page similar to admin/build/modules that lists the found plugins
and lets the admin enable/disable them.

- In hook_init(), adds the enabled plugins to the javascript queue.

Alternatively we could allow them to be added to specific pages only, but in
most cases I think the new jquery compressor would be more useful than
selective addition.

Tracking of plugins beyond just name (jquery.plugin.js, which is what jQuery
recommends) would require .info files or similar from jquery.com.  Of course,
as Derick said project* is already close enough that it shouldn't be that
hard for them to add them...

Such a module shouldn't even be that hard.  The only hard part would be the
theming of the admin form.  The rest is simple. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson