[development] About Geolocation module?

Zidong Cai zidong at msn.com
Wed Sep 12 12:07:37 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm very new to drupal project, within several weeks, i've made a new module, which can find out user's geographic information through their latest logining ip address, plus generate a yahoo map.

my problem is that i'd like to name my module as 'geolocation' under drupal project, however through searching from google, i find another  module of cck field having the same name, listing on drupal cvs http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/modules/geolocation/, then i checked here http://drupal.org/project/Modules, the module list, there seems to be no 'geolocation' module there.
I really want to know if this module exits now or just been deleted from drupal.
Can I still use 'geolocation' as my module's name if theirs was just deleted?

Thanks in advance.

Zidong