[development] xmlrpc usage stats module or page?

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Sep 12 12:16:26 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Tomas J. Fulopp <tomi at vacilando.org> wrote:
>  It is in the interest of everyone running a Drupal installation that the modules and themes they have (often after a long and painful testing) selected for use in production sites are precisely those that will develop further. By providing the stats to the xmlrpc they would automatically send a signal to the module/theme developers saying "go on, we depend on your module".
>
>  I am ready to work on a module that would provide these stats - whatever skewed they *currently* are. Can somebody please let me know how can I connect to the live database, or at least to its regular dumps so that I can get the raw data.

Look into what update status for Drupal 5 and update module in Drupal
6 does. It provides you a security advantage by allowing you to know
about all the latest security and bug fix releases you might be
interested in, as well as shares the data you talk about with
drupal.org, so we can use aggregate information for module
rating/ranking. This data is already collected at drupal.org and was
in part used by the project raking Google Summer of Code project. Your
help would be most valued there as far as I see.

Gabor