[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 12 19:05:52 UTC 2007

Quoting Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com>:

>> Excuse my ignorance but why wouldn't the module system we already have
>> suffice?  The .info file would allow for the enable/disable and each
>> .module would add the enabled JS to the queue.
>
> Because then you'd need a separate Drupal module, with some
> boilerplate PHP, for every JS plugin you want to install.  I'm
> talking about a small framework module that lets you manage what 3rd
> party JS plugins are installed.  The same PHP code in a half-dozen
> different modules is a very bad thing. :-)  (insert usual commentary
> about duplicate code here)

The .info file will handle the administration of de/activating the JS
plugin module.  Sometimes using the same code is necessary but that is
what my question was trying to prevent.  I don't see why you want
another method to control activation of the module (I envision plugin
and module as synonyms).

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/