[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:28:44 UTC 2007

I think that is where the misunderstanding is coming in.  We need to
decouple those terms in this case .. module being a Drupal module, plugin
being a jQuery plugin.

http://jquery.com/plugins/ currently lists 363 available jQuery plugins.
What Larry seems to be talking about is having 1 single Drupal module to
activate/deactive this plugins if they are available on the local system,
rather than having 363 individual Drupal modules to active/deactive these
plugins.

It seems like a reasonable approach to me.  Conflating module and plugin in
this case is what is leading to the confusion, I think.

William