[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Fernando Silva fsilva.pt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:14:02 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  So we're saying that a
> jquery_plugins.module is needed to control the use of the jQuery
> plugin.  Perhaps uploading the plugin via the file upload process and
> allowing the jQuery plugin to live in files/jquery/ or something like
> that?  Then delete the plugin file from files/jquery/ to deactivate it?

Yeap. Is that! The jquery plugins folder could then be by default (and
if chosen) a "drupal system path" (if writable) or degrade to be used
the "files" folder instead.

This would allow the install of (critical) plugins during drupal
install, without fear to have them removed later.

> Again forgive my ignorance on this matter.  I just don't want users
> needing two different activate/deactivate menus and since jQuery is
> part of core; every user will eventually need to use it.  Do any of
> those plugins create a need to modify a database?  It will be worse if
> yes because then we definitely should provide a .install file just to
> do the un/install of the pieces and parts.

The plugins, could eventually appear at the "modules admin page" if
this page would be refactored in another way. At this moment this page
produces a long list and it is not suitable to show "plugins" that can
be download and installed. Just think... a list with 300 jquery
plugins ready to be downloaded and installed, would create a long
list....