[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Kevin Reynen kreynen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:48:55 UTC 2007

I'm either not asking the second question clearly or I'm not understanding
your answer about the connection between the jquery_plugin module and
modules that require the JQuery plug-ins.  I'm not asking about activating
the plugin when the module is called (which I think 2 and 3 answer) or
getting the JQuery plugins from jquery.com to the Drupal install, but simply
getting a module with a JQuery plugin dependency installed.

Let's say I've developed a module that requires a jquery plugin.  You want
to use the module, but don't have the required JQuery plugin.  What
happens?

Obviously the module would have a dependency of jquery_update module, but
how does a module with a jquery plugin dependency indicate to the site admin
that an additional jquery plugin is required for the module to function?

I'd love to see the process for installing modules that require two step
installs standardized.

- Kevin Reynen