[development] jQuery 1.2 is released

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 14 20:15:30 UTC 2007

Quoting Kevin Reynen <kreynen at gmail.com>:

> Let's say I've developed a module that requires a jquery plugin.  You want
> to use the module, but don't have the required JQuery plugin.  What
> happens?

The answer to this would be easy if we used the systems already in
place.  What if we have a js/ directory for our jQuery modules
(plugins) and it becomes one of the directories that the module system
searches for .info files.  Then your module would simply depend on the
js module.  I know Larry didn't want to have to add to the package but
the controls already exist for .info files.

> Obviously the module would have a dependency of jquery_update module, but
> how does a module with a jquery plugin dependency indicate to the site admin
> that an additional jquery plugin is required for the module to function?

If we go this route the jquery or jquery_plugin module would have to
provide a dependency check for the module system.

> I'd love to see the process for installing modules that require two step
> installs standardized.

That is the reason I entered this thread to begin with.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/