[development] applet requesting cache item - please help

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Fri Sep 21 13:14:18 UTC 2007

Yes, some folks don't know, but if you put a callback item in
hook_menu for your module, and then have that function do direct
prints, rather than php calls, you can get a very similar affect.
Agreed its a matter of style, but I like this approach better than
bootstrapping drupal directly.

This is the way that most of the AJAX calls in drupal work.

Dave