[development] Why does Drupal require so much memory?

Liam McDermott liam at intermedia-online.com
Wed Apr 2 10:31:30 UTC 2008

Graeme McKibbin wrote:
> I'd asked the host to increase the max packets allowed and they made it
> 20M, but that still doesn't work. So I've requested it to be increased
> to 32M. But I'm concerned that in the future, I'll run into the same
> problem.

As an aside, and I may be wrong here, but isn't the max packets allowed
a MySQL setting? Changing that isn't going to affect how much memory PHP
has available to it.

I think the setting you're looking for is: 'memory_limit' in ye olde
php.ini I know this doesn't answer your question, sorry about that,
thought it was worth mentioning though. :)

Kind Regards,
Liam McDermott.