[development] Drupal on OSX, anyone?

Gary Broyhill broyhill at lrc.edu
Wed Apr 2 15:36:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

I fairly new to this group, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts so
far.

To learn Drupal, I have succesfully set up Drupal 5.7 on a Mac OSX Leopard
server, which came preconfigured with Apache/PHP. I had the server on hand
so it seemed a cheap way to get started :). Has anyone else tried using
Drupal on OSX? Would be interested in comparing notes. I'm not sure if OSX
would be a good production server for the long haul, and I wonder if should
just ditch it and go to a standard LAMP set up.

Any input on this would be appreciated! Thanks

Gary Broyhill
Webmaster
Lenoir-Rhyne College, Hickory, NC
www.lrc.edu