[development] Being noisy on installation...

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Fri Apr 11 11:54:55 UTC 2008

> WIld idea:  Maybe we need a drupal_set_next_task_link() or something.
> It would persist from page to page until either clicked on or
> dismissed.

That's an interesting idea - a flag to dsm('', '', $persistent) that
would a) watchdog() the message, b) display the text on every page with
a "hide message" that the user could manually click on to hide it later.
Persistent messages would be logged in the watchdog log.

The potential problem with this, however, is to /whom/ the message is
persistent. If five people are admins, and one enables a certain module,
dsm() would traditionally persist the message only to the enabler (since
they're all stored in $_SESSION, of course).

--
Morbus Iff ( for safety's sake, don't humiliate me )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/