[development] Being noisy on installation...

catch catch56 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:19:19 UTC 2008

Morbus wrote:

> That's an interesting idea - a flag to dsm('', '', $persistent) that would
> a) watchdog() the message, b) display the text on every page with a "hide
> message" that the user could manually click on to hide it later. Persistent
> messages would be logged in the watchdog log.
>
> The potential problem with this, however, is to /whom/ the message is
> persistent. If five people are admins, and one enables a certain module,
> dsm() would traditionally persist the message only to the enabler (since
> they're all stored in $_SESSION, of course).
>
> --

I like this, and I don't think it matters if it's stored in $_SESSION and
only applies to the admin who enables something. I want a quick link to
take me to the next step of a task I'm doing, not a list of all the links
some other admin hasn't bothered to follow or switch off.

Opened an issue here: http://drupal.org/node/245417