[development] Being noisy on installation...

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 11 12:09:17 UTC 2008

Quoting catch <catch56 at googlemail.com>:

> What's missing from the whole process is something linking you directly to
> the permissions for the module you just installed and/or the configuration
> pages. This'd save a massive amount of time.
>
> If I'm not already user/1 I almost always forget to enable permissions for
> myself then hunt around for a menu item, then go to the permissions page and
> if I'm lucky something's there, and I always forget admin by module exists
> as well. When what I really want to do is 1-click permissions, 1-click
> configuration probably 90% of the time. If we can provide that kind of
> useful information somewhere then the drupal_set_message() is redundant.

I always use admin/by-module after installing a new module.  It gives
the list of administrative actions for the modules.  Find your module
and take care of the administration from there.  Having a menu block
for Admin By Module might be nice, then you don't lose the visibility
as you do when you click the administrative link on the admin/by-module
page.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/