[development] Being noisy on installation...

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Fri Apr 11 21:20:13 UTC 2008

Victor Kane wrote:
> No nothing personal, that's for sure. And you almost had me convinced
> except for the last sentence: "In other words, stop posting to this
> 1000+ person list"

While i agree that im not sure the issue he highlighted is the correct
issue to rally around for this diverse topic, i *DO* agree that the list
shouldnt be used for prolonged discussion over implementations, etc.

It should be used to highlight issues that pop up from time to time and
to point to the organized and structured conversations to the resources
(issue queues and group discussions) that are meant for that express
purpose.

I think that we can all agree that the decentralized nature of email
make its use as a storage and organizational mechanism less than optimal
to this task.

Im sure nobody meant to step on anyone else. Its Friday, lets cheer up,
move the conversation on and develop a solution to the problem.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org