[development] Seeking help internationalizing Views (and Panels and maybe other modules for D6)

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sat Apr 26 17:36:30 UTC 2008

Daniel F. Kudwien wrote:
> To translate a content correctly, translators are more comfortable with the
> approach taken by #translatable.  They see the original form and thus, have
> an idea of how all strings and contents of an object relate.  #translatable
> stores the translations and does not alter the original data.

That's fine and true when it's 1 form, 1 object, but a single view is at
least 50 forms, most of them with no more than an item or two. Is that
*really* the translation interface you want? The label I provide can
lead you to the context, but without promoting stuff to a single level,
I don't think translating a view directly in the form would be
considered good UI.