[development] RFC: drupal as a moving target

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Tue Apr 29 16:35:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:32:19 +0200
Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> Maybe we could introduce a code of conduct for contrib authors to not
> do major overhauls when a new version is due. Ie if I maintain a
> module for D6 and D7 comes out, I port it straight away to a D7-1
> version and then start a rewrite as D7-2.

The PostgreSQL Project actually has guidelines as to what can be
considered contrib. So this isn't unheard of. An example of this might
be:

Anyone can create a Drupal community project, but if you want to be
an "Official Drupal module" your module must meet certain standards.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit