[development] RFC: drupal as a moving target

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Wed Apr 30 17:27:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:16:42 -0700
Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com> wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > I admit that I tend to stay on the database side of things and a
> > lot of what I do is fix deficiencies in the Drupal model by moving
> > them properly into the database and having Drupal called stored
> > procedures etc.. but I can say that the customers that we deal with
> > are sticking with 5 precisely because of the concerns on this
> > thread.
> >

> That's great! You do work on Drupal that could benefit the entire
> community, and you don't contribute it back. Yet you want us to make
> changes that will benefit you.

Actually this is false.

And before you go flaming off into the wilderness, you should consider
you have zero basis to make the statement. You have no idea who I am
or what I have been doing. Nor do you have any idea (obviously
otherwise you wouldn't have made the statement) of how much we give
back to the community.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake