[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Fri Aug 1 13:26:36 UTC 2008

Before we once again leave this subject behinds there's just one more issue 
I'd like to see addressed - that of commitment. We have a clear desire by 
most of the community to move off of CVS, clear arguments as to why and 
where to move too and a pretty clear list of what actually needs to be done.

But we're still in a position where those with the power to veto the 
decision to move altogether (Gerhard, Dries? who else?) appear to be saying 
somehting like: "No, I see no advantages, we're not going to do this."

Can we have a commitment that *if* everything needing to be done that Angie 
kindly listed on http://drupal.org/node/289117 and links therefrom *gets 
done* we *will* move?

Without that I just don't see the community putting in the massive effort 
that's required.

Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>

More information about the development mailing list