[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Fri Aug 1 16:31:29 UTC 2008

Sean Burlington wrote:

>>> is it intentional that comments are disabled on that page???
>>>

>> Yes. Absolutely, completely and utterly intentional. We do not need to
>> re-hash this discussion in the handbooks. Let's get our ya-ya's out
>> here and then document it there for posterity.
>>

> sigh... Drupal seems like such a closed shop..
>
> denying comment just adds to the impression
>
> Even if the discussion wasn't useful - why prevent it?!

???

I'm not denying discussion. Discussion can happen here on the mailing
list (as it has, very healthily so), in the issue tracking/revision
control groups on groups.drupal.org (which is a great place for
interested people to collaborate on fixing this), or in the
Documentation issue queue (if you feel there are errors/omissions -- or
just join the docs team and you can fix them yourself:
http://drupal.org/contribute/documentation/join).

The referenced node is a piece of *documentation*. Discussion does not
belong within a piece of documentation, especially not THIS piece of
documentation whose sole purpose is to aggregate all the various
discussions that have happened over the years.

> and without a response to Adrian's question I doubt anyone will put in
> the effort ... and this discussion will come up again.

Yes, that's probably true. I don't think this thread is done yet. :)

-Angie