[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 15:57:08 UTC 2008

Angela Byron wrote:
> Sean Burlington wrote:
>> Adrian Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> Can we have a commitment that *if* everything needing to be done that
>>> Angie kindly listed on http://drupal.org/node/289117 and links
>>> therefrom *gets done* we *will* move?
>>>

>> BTW
>>
>> is it intentional that comments are disabled on that page???
>>

> Yes. Absolutely, completely and utterly intentional. We do not need to
> re-hash this discussion in the handbooks. Let's get our ya-ya's out here
> and then document it there for posterity.

sigh... Drupal seems like such a closed shop..

denying comment just adds to the impression

Even if the discussion wasn't useful - why prevent it?!

and without a response to Adrian's question I doubt anyone will put in
the effort ... and this discussion will come up again.

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk