[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Fri Aug 1 14:48:52 UTC 2008

Sean Burlington wrote:
> Adrian Simmons wrote:
>
>> Can we have a commitment that *if* everything needing to be done that
>> Angie kindly listed on http://drupal.org/node/289117 and links
>> therefrom *gets done* we *will* move?
>>

> BTW
>
> is it intentional that comments are disabled on that page???

Yes. Absolutely, completely and utterly intentional. We do not need to
re-hash this discussion in the handbooks. Let's get our ya-ya's out here
and then document it there for posterity.

If the reason you want to comment is to start organizing people around
this topic, make a thread in the revision control group and we can link
to it from this page. "If you'd like to help, there are efforts going on
at <link>." If it's not, comment here instead. ;)

-Angie