[development] Choosing the N number for .install's hook_update_N

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 5 19:35:47 UTC 2008

Quoting Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net>:

> On Aug 5, 2008, at 6:08 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
>> Your limitations are your limitations and should not be placed on
>> Moshe or anyone else (w.r.t. this subject).
>
> You chose not to quote the parts of my message[1] where I explained
> there's actually no limitation at all, and Moshe or anyone else is
> free to use 2 digits for their major version in the N of
> hook_update_N ().

Sorry, my POV comes from the documentation provided to the module
developers where it is stated that exactly 1 digit for Drupal, exactly
1 digit for the module and exactly 2 digits for the sequence is
expected.  Are you saying the documentation is incorrect?  I raised the
suggestion because of the documentation.

> Please (re)read all of this before you propose a "simple" delimiter
> for hook_update_N() which would "solve" a "problem" we don't have. :)

Will do.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/