[development] Question about error_reporting()

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Aug 8 14:51:20 UTC 2008

The ^ is the bitwise NOT operator in PHP.  PHP defines a bunch of bitmasks to flag different error levels.  E_ALL is the bit mask for "everything except STRICT-level", so that line means "everything except STRICT level but not NOTICE level".

If your watchdog table is filling up with PHP warning messages, then you have a serious bug in your code somewhere.  Do not hide the error.  Fix the bug. :-)  Look at the error message itself to see what the problem is, track it down, and squish it.

--Larry Garfield