[development] Solving the dev->staging->live problem

arthur arthur at civicactions.com
Sat Aug 9 19:53:55 UTC 2008

I think a really interesting project is the deploy module (http://drupal.org/project/deploy
) which I think is an interesting abstract approach to this issue. It
won't meet everybody's needs, and isn't functionally sufficient yet
(for content at least), but is a good start, and worth starting a more
serious conversation of how this problem might be addressed from the
larger Drupal community. Some of the concepts that Greg has already
got in place are critical for the staging issue. You can check out a
talk Greg did on the deploy module at the Seattle Drupal User Group
here: http://blip.tv/file/1033300

Anyway, food for thought.

a.

arthur at civicactions.com