[development] What about reviewing patches?

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Wed Aug 13 19:36:01 UTC 2008

Angela Byron wrote:
> careful. If we get into the situation where HEAD is broken, development
> effectively stops until things are working again.
Nooooooo, 'cause not HEAD ;X
- 'next' or 'experimental' branch!

> It also makes a BIG difference who those two people are. Follow catch's
> advice. Catch is wise. The best shot you have of getting patches that
> you want in core is to become one of those rare patch reviewing ninjas
> like him. Then your voice being one of those two voices may very well be
> enough.
i'd love too but my excuse (as so many others') shall be: no real spare
time atm. Also, of course i mostly care about bugs i run into myself, and i
rarely run into any. Some people seem to report bugs using really obscure
setups plus outdated modules...

--
  "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take
   your eyes off your goal."         -- Henry Ford (1863-1947)

   Change the world! Vote revolution: http://hfopi.org/vote-future