[development] What about reviewing patches?

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:52:46 UTC 2008

>> careful. If we get into the situation where HEAD is broken, development
>> effectively stops until things are working again.
>
> Nooooooo, 'cause not HEAD ;X
> - 'next' or 'experimental' branch!

Drupal 7 is the 'next' or 'experimental' branch. It's also likely to
have anything up to 1,000 people working on it (and at least about 50
at any one time) - so when it breaks, those people can't work.

>> i'd love too but my excuse (as so many others') shall be: no real spare time atm.

Some patch reviews take less than 30 seconds, especially when the
issue queue is long and has lots of stale patches in it. You've
already spent more than 30 seconds replying to this thread ;)

>> Also, of course i mostly care about bugs i run into myself, and i rarely run into any.

If you review some patches, the next time you report a bug, it's
likely others will pay more attention to it.

Nat