[development] What about reviewing patches?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 13:09:49 UTC 2008

You are doing nothing wrong, Katherine.

Everybody reads their email with an email client that's been optimized
with years and years of experience.  Virtually no one has a Drupal
development environment and tools which have been optimized to that
extent.  As you described, Katherine, it takes real time to install
and test patches.  I took about 2 minutes to write this, far less time
than it would even take to go find a patch I was interested in, read
the issue and download the patch, much less give it a thorough test
and then write a review of that test.

Folks who suggest you can do reviews in the time it takes to review or
write a quick comment in email are wrong, wrong, wrong for 99.9% of
the development community out there.

..chris