[development] What about reviewing patches?

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Thu Aug 14 13:43:37 UTC 2008

Nathaniel Catchpole wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Zohar Stolar  wrote:
>
>> It does'nt have to be auto-committed, but if 2-3 persons have reviewed and
>> marked RTBC, the status can escalate into something like TRTBC (Thoroughly
>> RTBC).
>
> This is what RTBC is, adding an extra status called Really Really
> Reviewed and Tested by the Community and Thoroughly Ready to be
> Committed (RRTBCTRBC). Due to the shortage of reviewers though,
> patches don't always get confirmed as RTBC by two or more people,  so
> it's not as solid as it should be - but that's a problem of lack of
> reviews, not patch statuses.

I agree.

The people complaining about the long RTBC queue are missing the point.
The point is that there's a much, much longer "needs review" queue, and
there always has been.

While some of those RTBC patches will eventually get committed, none of
the "needs review" patches will unless we get some help.

-Angie