[development] What about reviewing patches?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Aug 14 14:56:06 UTC 2008

> The people complaining about the long RTBC queue are missing the point. The
> point is that there's a much, much longer "needs review" queue, and there
> always has been.

Perhaps they are missing *your* point. The RTBC queue is a big problem
as well. Many patches in RTBC represent a massive effort by several
people and it is a complete shame to let them sit there, silently.
Losing a baserunner on 3rd base is much more painful than losing one
at second base. We terribly need a branch maintainer or two for D7.
Lack of throughput at RTBC demotivates the 'needs review' queue, and
even before that - patch creation.

Examples of RTBC silence:
1. make drupal_set_title() use check_plain() by default. -
http://drupal.org/node/242873
2. No way to flush form errors during iterative programatic form
submission - http://drupal.org/node/180063
3. Node revisions test fails if admin has a personal timezone offset -
http://drupal.org/node/283246