[development] What about reviewing patches?

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Thu Aug 14 17:29:05 UTC 2008

Moshe Weitzman wrote:
>> The people complaining about the long RTBC queue are missing the point. The
>> point is that there's a much, much longer "needs review" queue, and there
>> always has been.
>
> Perhaps they are missing *your* point. The RTBC queue is a big problem
> as well. Many patches in RTBC represent a massive effort by several
> people and it is a complete shame to let them sit there, silently.
> Losing a baserunner on 3rd base is much more painful than losing one
> at second base. We terribly need a branch maintainer or two for D7.
> Lack of throughput at RTBC demotivates the 'needs review' queue, and
> even before that - patch creation.

True. But exactly *one* person can do something about the RTBC queue.
2,000+ people can do something about the CNR queue.

Let's have a community outcry about the RTBC queue once the situation is
reversed, and we have 325 patches waiting for core committers' blessing,
and only 40 patches that need community review. Until then, we have work
to do.

-Angie