[development] What about reviewing patches?

Kathleen Murtagh kathleen at ceardach.com
Thu Aug 14 20:27:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Robert Douglass <rob at robshouse.net> wrote:
> Yes. Chicken and egg. If the test results were being posted back to d.o. it
> would encourage people to write more tests, especially if projects with no
> tests got a big "Testing status: FAIL" all over them.
>
> I think it is unreasonable NOT to have as many servers as are needed,
> running all tests for all module, all day, 24/7. We're no longer talking
> about an ecosystem financed by milk money. Getting iron isn't the problem.
>
> Someone please write a proposal to the Drupal Association in time for the
> next board meeting that the complete testing infrastructure and development
> resources should be financed. Or, alternatively, some Drupal shop out there
> with the capacity to make this happen step forward.
>
> We've invested a lot into testing, and it is clear that it can have a
> positive influence on the commit process (for core and contrib), so let's
> not settle for a single or a double. To hit a home run we need the testing
> infrastructure.

If you're seriously interested in having a drupal shop or other step
in to help handle this need, then we still need a proposal written to
detail what is needed.  Write up a proposal of needs and make it
public.

I'd love to help to help with hardware, bandwidth, etc.  In fact my
company has a bunch of old servers hanging around the office unused
(we moved to EC2).  However, I need to know what is needed and how to
implement it.

---
Kathleen Murtagh