[development] A streamlined way to develop core patches

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Dec 7 04:44:02 UTC 2008

Thanks for the summary and the bzr mirror!

There is another bzr mirror at https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/drupal/main and I am using solely bzr for the last three years for core development. First James Blackwell (big kudos to the guy for trying to get us over to bzr, pity it did not happen) provided a bzr mirror and then launchpad took over.

If you ask "why are we not on bzr yet?" then head over http://drupal.org/node/289117 please. Some of the concerns do not apply to bzr (for eg. it has a tortoisebzr as part of the main client and we have quite some bzr knowledge in house and it's so easy to use) but other concerns do apply and may prohibit such a move completely.