[development] Finding logic flaw in wishlist module

Scott McLewin drupal at mclewin.com
Fri Dec 12 15:03:32 UTC 2008

Tony,

I'm the maintainer of that module, and the wishlist issue queue is the
place to file issues.

On this particular concern the module won't allow anonymous users to
purchase items by design.  Two reasons. 1) there's also a "put a gift
back" capability that requires that we know who the user is.  2) if
anonymous users can get gifts off the list, than crawlers will end up
following those links and will mark all your items purchased in a matter
of days.  Anonymous users see the non-functional "get this gift" link to
drive them to click it, see that they need an account, and then enroll
with your site.

If you file an issue asking to allow anonymous users to purchase items,
I'll reject it.  :)

If you've found another problem during your research, I do want to hear
about it.  File the details in the wishlist module's issue queue.

Scott