[development] XML Sitemap 6.x-1.x-dev: Bugs, Typos & Quality

Jens Reinemuth jens at reinemuth.info
Thu Dec 18 12:47:07 UTC 2008

Hi everybody...

since a couple of weeks i have permanent problems with the development
snapshots of the XML Sitemap.

O.K. i know these are dev-snapshots, but i don't really uderstand what
happens here. if i would check out these files from CVS, i could live
with the recent bugs (nearly all are typos, e.g. "columhn_exist" or
forgotten semicolons, paranthesis, ...) but i really wonder how someone
could package these broken files into a tar.gz and release it...

This is very uncomfortable on my development servers as they nearly all
run on lighttpd and you have to do some tricks to get it to work with
drupals Clean-URLs, you allways have to change same line of code in
settings-file, run the updates, get errors, fix all the stupid little
typos, run updates again, add semikolon, ...

I really would see the devs checking the code (or simply use something
like eclipse and look for the underlined parts of their code...) before
packaging it and releasing it to the website.

On all my servers there are about 15 drupal-Sites and i never had these
problems with any other modules.

Jens

--
Jens Reinemuth