[development] XML Sitemap 6.x-1.x-dev: Bugs, Typos & Quality

augustin (beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Thu Dec 18 13:12:19 UTC 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 20:47:07 Jens Reinemuth wrote:
> O.K. i know these are dev-snapshots, but i don't really uderstand what
> happens here. if i would check out these files from CVS, i could live
> with the recent bugs (nearly all are typos, e.g. "columhn_exist" or
> forgotten semicolons, paranthesis, ...) but i really wonder how someone
> could package these broken files into a tar.gz and release it...

The answer is in your question. Those are dev snapshots and they are packaged
*automatically* for those who want to test  the said module and develop for
it.

It seems that this module could be better maintained, but that's irrelevant.
Stick to published, stable versions to avoid surprises. (I've had quite a few
myself using dev snapshots of other modules...)

Augustin.