[development] sessions problem

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Dec 24 06:17:41 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 11:29:15 pm Sheryl (Permutations Software) wrote:
> If any of you guys want to take a break from dissecting OG, I'd deeply
> appreciate thoughts and ideas about my sessions problem. Some questions:
>
> 1. I put the session_save_session(FALSE); line at the top of the
> phpFreeChat module code, and it broke phpFreeChat. Was this the right place
> to put it?
>
> 2. How could phpFreeChat - a standalone program - be dependent on what
> Drupal saves to its sessions table? Seems to me it can't. That's why I
> think something must have been wrong in how I tried to disable sessions
> writing.
>
> Thank you.
>
> 	- Sheryl

You already posted that in an earlier message.  There's no need to repeat it
only a few moments later because the thread forked.

As for "standalone program", remember that there is only one session for the
entire PHP process, and it gets saved only once.  If phpFreeChat is using the
session it may be doing its own session starting and closing and saving, or at
least trying to.  If so, it would not surprise me at all if that collides with
Drupal.

--
Larry Garfield
larry at garfieldtech.com