[development] postgresql quickstart

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Sun Feb 3 23:09:48 UTC 2008

Every time I look at MacPorts, I end up searching for an alternative.
With a little effort, I got the package from Marc Liyanage working on
Leopard: http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/

Using dscl on the command line, I was able to create a system user for
PostgreSQL just like the one for MySQL.