[development] allowing some users some days to write stories

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:33:53 UTC 2008

hook_node_grants() has no effect on creating nodes.

You probably want to have users register their birthday, then load that into
the $user object.

Then use hook_form_alter() to run an IF check on node creation forms.

- Ken

On Feb 4, 2008 4:44 AM, Lluís <enboig at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to write a module to allow my web users to write stories
> just during their birthday web; how can I achieve this?
>
> I am using Drupal5 and I suppose it is done using hook_node_grants(),
> but I don't really get it; any hint is wellcome.
>
> thanks
>
> --
> *La paciència és un arbre d'arrels amargues però fruit dolç.
> *Hi han dues paraules que t'obriran totes les portes del món: "estira"
> i "empeny".
> *Quan fa 6x9? 42!!! (funciona en base 13)
> *Abans d'imprimir aquest missatge, pensa en el medi ambient.

DON'T MISS EARTH'S LARGEST GATHERING OF DRUPAL PROFESSIONALS!
Drupalcon Boston 2008 · March 3-6, 2008
Learn more at http://boston2008.drupalcon.org
Affordable sponsorship packages available