[development] rich text editor

Walt Daniels wdlists at optonline.net
Mon Feb 4 19:53:18 UTC 2008

It sounds like the prime RTE offender is the ability to paste or more
specifically the ability to paste anything other than plain or the tinyMCE
paste word. All the controls I am aware of generate pretty reasonable code.

Disallowing paste might actually help solve my other issue. If they can't
paste from Word, then they can't paste some document prepared for some other
media and have to think about typing something more in the web idiom.

There are a number of good books/papers on writing for the web, e.g. Jakob
Neilsen.

My posters are mostly staff or volunteers, not the unwashed public who add
comments. So far I haven't allowed these to use RTE.