[development] New Drupal Logging to text file Module

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Feb 11 14:58:25 UTC 2008

Ian

The correct way to do this is to use the new watchdog hook that made it
to Drupal 6.

Here is the API call
http://api.drupal.org/?q=api/function/hook_watchdog/HEAD

There are already standards in place for alert levels that the above hook
and modules that call it can use.

There is a backport of that to Drupal 5.x here
http://drupal.org/node/149341

The syslog module in the above patch, and in D6 can already log to
a flat file, and the output is themable so you can format it however
you like.

Here is an example module that does logging to email per severity level.
http://drupal.org/project/logging_alerts

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.