[development] Module developers, please do *proper* releases !

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Mon Feb 18 13:08:00 UTC 2008

So ?
Ready when ready, I agree with that. But two successive versions should
be called 5.x-1.(n) and 5.x-1.(n+1), with (n) and (n+1) being actual
numbers, not 5.x-1.x-dev and 5.x-1.x-dev.

Look at the video module for example: not a single 5.x stable release,
it went through numerous versions, all called 5.x-1.x-dev.
If you don't use the update module, you're screwed.

What does it cost to just change the *name* of the versions ?

	Xav

PS: no offense to the video module devs, I could have picked others