[development] Module developers, please do *proper* releases !

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon Feb 18 16:49:56 UTC 2008

Ashraf Amayreh wrote:
> Sometime I think this should become a requirement rather than something
> optional, all current dev releases could be promoted to a first release
> and new dev releases banned.

No, because during active development it is really convenient to have
the -dev releases available.

I agree that it is inconvenient that sloppy module maintainers do not
create releases. However, this is my philosophy:

If the maintainer of the module is sloppy enough as to not be able to
provide proper releases, despite the existence of a good release
mechanism, then I have little reason to trust that module developer's code.

i.e, I think people simply should not use these modules.