[development] Module developers, please do *proper* releases !

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Feb 19 16:19:34 UTC 2008

> I build client sites from every module's dev branch.  I still pull
> everything from CVS, usually the DRUPAL-5 tag, but sometimes the
> DRUPAL-5--2 or DRUPAL-5--3 tags.  This usually gives me the latest "dev"
> version of the module.

I used to do that too, then I discovered drush which works with update
status to get the recommended release version and check that out for
you. it is positively painless. the command to install panels is:

drush pm install panels

that it. drush downloads (or cvs checkout - your choice) the files to
sites/all/modules or to a multisite depending on your config and you
are ready to activate the module.

i will be publishing a drush screencast soon.