[development] A Git mirror for Drupal CVS

Mikkel Høgh mikkel at hoegh.org
Thu Feb 21 10:03:02 UTC 2008

Hi Gordon,

I have enabled "blame".
I'm glad to see that Git is catching on around the Drupal community. I
hope some day to be able to look back at CVS as only a bad memory ;)

And yeah, it is big. It took hours to import it with git cvsimport, but
amazingly, the whole repository only takes up 15MB, which is really
impressive to me, since it includes the entire CVS repository will
themes, images and code with a lot of changes these 8 years. That's like
2MB per year.

I'm afraid that we won't be so lucky with the contributions repository,
but if we ever were to switch to Git or something like it, it would be
madness to continue to have all 1000+ modules in the same repository -
it's maddening enough already ;)

//mikl