[development] Making blocks from some setting in Drupal 7?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 21 16:38:13 UTC 2008

Quoting catch <catch56 at googlemail.com>:

> To add something else in. On one of the recent menu issues someone
> suggested making the primary and secondary links handling themed blocks
> rather than the special exception we have now. This'd fit nicely with
> the search block issue, and the mission etc. I'd really like to see all
> these things turned into blocks + regions - makes loads of sense.

+1 from me.  I had trouble adapting the Primary/Secondary menus into
something meaningful when I first started with Drupal.  I have longed
for a block that displays the secondary menus when the primary menu
item is clicked.  Breaking the Administration menus into another block
is something else I do.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/