[development] RTBC is now "reviewed & tested by the community"

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 06:11:45 UTC 2008

I'm slightly worried that 'reviewed and tested by the community' will
have lower quality submissions than 'ready to be committed'.  The
problem with 'reviewed and tested by the community' is that people
will set it to 'reviewed and tested by the community' after one
review, whereas with 'ready to be committed', we typically had
different people looking at a patch.

Read: I think 'ready to committed' was perfectly fine and I don't
understand why this was changed without my approval.  After all, I'm
the one reviewing and committing these patches.

Also, why the 'by the community' part?  Why not just 'reviewed and
tested'?  Please rename at least to 'reviewed and tested'.  Everything
we do is community-driven so 'by the community' is completely
redundant.  It seems to  suggest that there is a non-community body as
well.

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://buytaert.net/