[development] RTBC is now "reviewed & tested by the community"

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Feb 23 06:32:35 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Also, why the 'by the community' part?  Why not just 'reviewed and
> tested'?  Please rename at least to 'reviewed and tested'.  Everything
> we do is community-driven so 'by the community' is completely
> redundant.  It seems to  suggest that there is a non-community body as
> well.

Dries,

The reason is backward compatibility for the acronym, so that newcomers
would check old issues and see "RTBC" and the new words would match it
same with the old words.

Personally, we break backward compatibility all the time in Drupal, and
saw what the heck, it is worth it. So why not do the same with issue status
and documentation too? Yeah, some inconvenience for sure, but better in
the long term.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.