[development] Fwd: [General inquiry (other)] The next generation drupal UI configuration?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Feb 25 13:20:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Liam McDermott
<liam at intermedia-online.com> wrote:

>  Well the first problem I can see is that it's written using .NET whereas
>  Drupal is written using PHP. Am not really sure how using that as our
>  admin interface would fit in with Drupal, as it seems a little
>  simplistic and doesn't really reflect the direction the project is
>  heading in.

>From http://drupal.org/project/drupman

"Drupal Manager is an implementation of a remote administration client
for Drupal.
It consists two parts :

    * A set of drupal modules providing remote configuration service
    * A XUL client that can be run by XULRunner or inside Firefox"

So, if it's worth it we could easily get the ASP.net service to talk
to something like the drupman remote configuration service modules.

But really the problem is usually the idea, not the coding, so if
there is a great idea here then perhaps we can just copy that.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison