[development] Fwd: [General inquiry (other)] The next generation drupal UI configuration?

Liam McDermott liam at intermedia-online.com
Mon Feb 25 05:07:23 UTC 2008

Konstantin Käfer wrote:
> I was asked to share this link on the development mailing list. Maybe
> there is someone willing to convert it to a contrib module. It looks
> interesting. Carli claims that it's still a prototype, though.
[...]
>> There's a video of the project on:  www.freesite.ch/gravity
>> <http://www.freesite.ch/gravity>
>> Please watch it. => Could the next Drupal UI configuration be similar?

Well the first problem I can see is that it's written using .NET whereas
Drupal is written using PHP. Am not really sure how using that as our
admin interface would fit in with Drupal, as it seems a little
simplistic and doesn't really reflect the direction the project is
heading in.

A PHP version of the theme builder, as a contributed module, might be
pretty cool however. Of course someone will need to develop and maintain
it. :)

Cheers,
Liam McDermott.